Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekly Spotlight Question: How Much Chocolate Can Hurt a Dog?

(From Yahoo! Answers)

      "My  75lb Pit bull accidentally ate one piece of  Lindors Truffles, milk chocolate, I was wondering If i should be worried for her at all? She literally just ate it a minute ago. Help!"

   A simple way to figure out how much chocolate can hurt a dog is by looking at the chart below. A 75lb dog would probably have to ingest 66 ounces of milk chocolate to have it be toxic for them. Even though that seems like a lot, never feed chocolate to your dog even if it is a small amount. This could easily turn into a bad habit.(For an interactive version of this chart, go to

01 Chocolate Toxicity - - a VIN company!.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment here! If you want to post a question visit the tab Ask Us - your question will be answered faster.