Guinea pigs need vitamin C daily. Here is a great way to ensure yours gets enough. As a supplement to regular food, serve no more than once a day. If fruit isn't very juicy, add 1 tsp (5 mL) juice.
- 4 strawberries, chopped (or 1 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped)
- 4 tsp (18 mL) unsweetened pure cranberry juice, or 100% pure orange juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped romaine lettuce, or leaf lettuce (not iceberg)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped sweet red peppers, or green peppers