Saturday, May 25, 2013

Meet Mickey

Mickey is my new russian dwarf fancy hamster. I named him Mickey due to his little white paws and black body. Mickey even has a white belly in the shape of a Y. He's soooo cute and very tame. I'm surprised he warmed up to his "new" habitat quickly and has fun in the many tubes in his cage! He's so cute and all he needs is a red pair of pants and yellow shoes like the real Mickey Mouse and he'll be Mickey Hamster.


Tips for bringing your hamster home:



Remember to go right home with the carrier.

Ask the pet store clerk the same bedding the hamster has in the carrier so he can get used to the smell. Put it in his cage for him.

Use gardening gloves when transporting the hammie to his new cage to avoid bites.

Put the cage in a quiet, undisturbed area.

Don't change the name after you've already thought of one to avoid your hamster to be confused.

Talk to your hamster quietly and calmly in order to keep him quiet.

Don't touch the hamster on the first day or reach in unless you are feeding him or giving him water.





2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you got a new Hamster. He is very cute and I can't wait to meet him. I love his color,very shiek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll update the new photos soon. He was exploring his new house and I couldn't get a picture of his face. He is already hand-friendly and calm around me but I'm not ball-training just yet.

      Delete

Post a comment here! If you want to post a question visit the tab Ask Us - your question will be answered faster.